Some parents have asked: Why does the PTO need to run so many fundraisers? In fact, not all of the fundraisers are PTO fundraisers.
There are three types of fundraisers held at the school:
- School Fundraisers
- PTO Fundraisers
- Fundraisers for Charities
St. Anthony School holds several fundraisers during the year, and also runs some ongoing fundraising programs, to raise funds for costs not covered by tuition payments and funding from diocesan sources. All of the funds from these fundraisers go to the school; the PTO does not receive any of these funds.
The school uses these funds to pay for tuition assistance, to purchase books, supplies, and equipment and to maintain and renovate the school. The school fundraisers include:
- School Spirit Wear (Fall and Spring)
- 9 VIP EXpress Car Line Spots – Online Auction
- Office Depot school supplies purchase program (August and September)
- Giant and Harris Teeter club cards program
- Box Tops for Education
- Amazon Smile
- School Lunches (Chick-fil-A, Noodles & Co., and Boli’s Pizza)
The PTO raises funds to pay the costs of events and activities run by the PTO for St. Anthony students and families. The PTO also raises funds to pay costs for school events and activities that the school does not fund. Many of the PTO fundraising activities serve a dual purpose.
Some fundraising activities, such as the Christmas Attic, Father Daughter Dance, and Mother Son Event, also provide an opportunity for families to socialize with other St. Anthony families, while other activities, like the used uniform sales, are run for the benefit of students and families at the school.
The PTO fundraisers include:
- Smoothie King – 1st and 2nd Sessions
- Orders can be placed under the CURRENT FAMILIES>ONLINE FORMS & FEES link
- Click here to order Smoothie King
- Christmas Attic (November)-this is the PTO’s major fundraiser
- Uniform sales (August and April)
Fundraisers for Charity
The school also holds several fundraisers during the year to raise money for charitable organizations. These fundraisers usually include:
- Operation Turbo – sends boxes of Home to deployed sailors, marines & service members
- Student Council Tag Days
- St. Anthony’s Food Pantry
- Little Sisters of the Poor
- MADD – Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Funding for Activities
Why does the PTO have to raise so much money, and how does it use the money it does raise? Many parents are not aware of the extent to which PTO monies are used to fund the costs of many different school events and activities. The PTO needs to raise over $30,000 every year to pay for all of its budgeted costs.
The PTO uses some of the funds it raises to hold several social events each year for Corpus Christi students and families. Some examples of the social events are the PTO dessert social at the Welcome Back Night in August and before the Night of the Arts in May.
The PTO also uses some of the funds it raises to pay the costs of some school events and activities, which are organized and run by the PTO at the request of the school.
These events and activities include:
- Kindergarten graduation reception
- Seventh Grade Picnic
- Eighth grade graduation reception
- August Teacher Luncheon
- Catholic Schools Week Teacher Luncheon
- Cultural Arts programs
The PTO also provides funding for the costs of some school events and activities run by the school, which are not covered by the school.
These costs include:
- Art Fair prizes
- Catholic Schools Week gifts and treats
- Extended Day supplies
- Buses for all field trips
- First Communion reception
- DJ for eighth grade graduation party
- Teachers’ Institute fees
- Shakespeare Festival participation fee
- Donation for Lions Club vision and hearing screening program
- Junior National Honor Society reception and awards
- Poetry Contest awards
The PTO looks forward to the continued support of St. Anthony families who enable the PTO in providing these benefits to our students and our school.