Family Service Program
The purpose of the Family Service Program is to expand the participation of parents and families in our school community in the hopes of achieving more successful fundraising and creating more school spirit. We want families to feel a part of and involved in our school community. For the safety and protection of our students, any adult volunteer who has substantial contact with our students must complete a Diocesan background check and attend a four-hour VIRTUS training session on child safety and child abuse prevention. Visit the Volunteering/Virtus link under the PTO menu.
Our service program requires that each family perform 20 hours of service a year. There are plenty of opportunities to help whether it is during or after school. For working parents, please contact the PTO president email@example.com. to see how you can volunteer outside of school. Each family must complete 20 hours of service by Tuesday, June 11, 2019. Hours are tracked through SignupGenius’ sent out. If you volunteer, you need to ensure the coordinator of the event records your name and hours volunteered.
- Families who do not complete the 20 hours of service are required to make a payment of $200 or $10 for each hour not completed. We would prefer that families find a way to volunteer in some capacity. The school needs everyone’s support.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Room parent – receives the full 20 hours (if there are 2 room parents, they each receive 10 hours)
- PTO Board Member – receives the full 20 hours
- CYO Coach – receives the full 20 hours
- Field Trips
- Class parties
- Christmas Attic in November
- Book Fair in December – during the school day and one or two evenings
- Catholic Schools Week in late January – during the day and for the evening open house
- Father Daughter Event
- Mother Son Event
- Night of the Arts in May
- Field Day for Grades 1-6 in June
- Seventh Grade Picnic in June
- Eighth Grade Kings Dominion in June
- Kindergarten Graduation in June
Contacts for the Family Service Program:
- Ms. Azalea Vargas, Admin Assistant – handles processing OPCYP background paperwork and tracking cleared volunteers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Meredith Louison, Admin Assistant – monitors and tracks volunteer hours as well as sends out letters in December and April, email@example.com
- Mrs. Kirstin Lawler, PTO President – contact for volunteer opportunities, firstname.lastname@example.org