2020-21 School Re-opening Plans and COVID 19 POLICY
August 31, 2020
It is our intention to do all we can to resume in-person instruction while keeping the children’s and staff’s safety a priority. At the bottom of this page is a detailed document on our re-opening plans.
In developing our Return to School Plan, the following remain our guiding principles:
- Our priority is to welcome our students back to full in-school instruction safely.
- Our goal is to provide a solid education in a faith-based environment while protecting the health and safety of all our students, faculty, and staff.
- Online instruction will be provided for parents with a student or household member who have increased health risks and may choose to opt for full online classes.
Special care and consideration must be given to Vulnerable Populations:
- Individuals who are considered at high-risk for severe illness due to COVID-19 include
- Are 65 years of age and older
- People of any age with the following conditions are at increased risk of severe illness
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher)
- Serious heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Click for a printable version of the COVID-19 POLICY