St. Anthony of Padua School is pleased that our new preschool, which opened in August 2019, and is expanding in January 2020 to accommodate more students! Please view our video presentation below. Join us on Thursday, April 2nd, at 6:00 p.m. for a virtual tour followed by a Facebook Live for questions.
The faith-based preschool program at St. Anthony of Padua has been designed to provide a nurturing environment for fostering growth in academics and social graces as well as strengthening the early foundations of Catholicism. A multi-sensory hands-on learning approach to best teach and develop fine and gross motor skills, while auditory and visual learning is stimulated through the use of center time, books, songs, technology, and art. Academics, music and movement, crafts, cooperative activities, outdoor exploration, storytime, show and tell, and free play fill the students’ day.
Children attend prayer services, participate in community service projects and are provided many cultural arts activities supported by the school’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Parents are confident in knowing their children are being educated in a comfortable, supportive, and secure setting which provides an educational curriculum that allows children to achieve their highest potential.
Parents have several options for preschool. You can choose from the following flexible options. To accommodate working families, we offer extended day for an additional fee. Visit our Tuition & Fees Link for rates and fees.
|3 Year Olds_2 Day Mornings (8:15-11:30 AM)|
|3 Year Olds_3 Day Mornings (8:15-11:30 AM)|
|3 Year Olds_5 Day Mornings (M-F 8:15-11:30 AM)
Afternoons (M-F 12:45-3:45 PM)
|3 Year Olds_5 Day Full Day (M-F 8:15-3:00)|
|4 Year Olds_5 Day Mornings (M-F 8:15-11:30 AM)
Afternoons (M-F 12:45-3:45 PM)
|4 Year Olds_5 Day Full Day (M-F 8:15-3:00)|
|Extended Day for 3’s and 4’s (3:00-6:00)|
The student body participates in a brief morning prayer prior to the start of the school day. This activity teaches each child the value of thanking the Lord for a brand new day.
Students will be able to participate in after school activities on Tuesday and Thursdays through Flex Academies. The sessions are eight weeks long starting in mid-September and again in mid-January. Flex has the ability to offer a wide variety of activities depending on the interest level of the parents.
Preschool parents will be able to sign up their children for YAY Lunches five days a week. There will be different price options as well as different vendors each day. All options are nut-free, food is local and organic, and low on sugar. If a child is absent and you notify YAY Lunches by 9:00 a.m., your account will be credited.
To assist working parents or parents who occasionally need after school care, we offer extended day from 3:00-6:00 p.m, early dismissal days (half days), and one hour early dismissals on Thursdays (most Thursdays). Parents must register their children. The forms are on the Extended Day page on this website, Extended Day Registration.
Below are the standards and curriculum guidelines for the three and four-year-old preschool programs.
- Character Development: Social/Emotional development and Catholic values are fully integrated into student activities.
- Academics: Early Literacy, science, social studies, cultural arts, art, and early math
- Reading buddies with our elementary students
- Music and Spanish language lessons
- Outdoor classroom/playground
- Student programs: Prayer Services, Songfests, Christmas shows, and vendor-sponsored children programs
- An after-school extracurricular program, Flex Academies, will offer specialty classes in eight-week sessions
- Summer and Easter break camps
- Large outdoor field
- A secured playground outside of the preschool classrooms for preschool students only
- A school gym for indoor play for inclement weather
- A new security system that includes key card access and cameras inside and outside
- All classrooms are nut-free