Bible & Catholic Faith Group Meetings
Our mission is to sustain a successful Bible Study Program at St. Anthony Church through spiritual growth, supportive faith community, evangelization, and sharing the love of Christ by serving others. In addition, some groups meet to discuss Mass readings and their Catholic faith.
- Pursue a deeper relationship with God through Bible Study, prayer groups, or
- Strengthen and nourish our spiritual journeys through Prayer and Bible Study
- Serve God and our neighbor through mutual support of a community of believers
Why is Scripture study important?
- You will learn to relate scripture to your personal life of faith
- You will learn to read scripture in its historical context and understand the development of our church
- You will participate in lively discussions and share your experience in the faith, and you will do this in the company of other Catholics who share your journey
Who can participate?
- Anyone with an interest in expanding or sharing their knowledge of the scriptures
- There are no prerequisites
- Those who have never read the Bible are as welcome as those who have done some previous study
- Each meeting will begin with a short prayer followed by a video on the evening’s readings, Small Group discussion, and a closing prayer.
- A small fee is charged to cover the cost of materials (each participant supplies his or her own Bible)
- Some groups may not have fees.
Home Church Gathering Group (July 2020)
Looking for a way to be more connected to our Parish while deepening your faith? Interested in meeting more parishioners? You are invited to participate in informal Home Church Gathering Group meetings. This Group generally meets twice a month on Mondays at 7:30 pm to discuss Sunday readings and a variety of Catholic topics. New members are welcome anytime. This is an ongoing group. The spiritual and social interaction make for a spiritually rewarding and enjoyable combination. Meetings are generally at the home of a parishioner five minutes from St. Anthony. In these days of COVID-19, the members are using Zoom to stay spiritually connected while adhering to social distancing. For more details, please contact: Adriana Bustamante at 703-671-7131, Adriana.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mike Korin at 703-642-8284, email@example.com.
The Men’s Bible Study
Join the Men’s Bible Study. The next session starts on Monday, September 28, 2020 at 7:30-9:00 pm online via Zoom. We will be studying the Little Rock Scripture series on Corinthians. There is a small fee to cover the cost of the study guides. All men are invited to join. To register or to ask questions, contact Ron Karpick. 703-578-7399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.