Letters & Statements from the Bishop
Public Messages from Bishop Michael F. Burbidge
View Public Messages from the Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge, the fourth Bishop of Arlington, by clicking on one of the links below.
2020 Public Messages from or about Bishop Burbidge
- October 5 @ 10:30 am-Bishop Michael Burbidge, will celebrate the annual Chrism Mass at the Cathedral of St. Thomas More on Monday, October 5 at 10:30 am, deferred from April due to the pandemic. Due to this, there will be NO NOON Mass on October 5 at St. Anthony. During this solemn liturgy, Bishop Burbidge will consecrate the Chrism ointment and bless the holy oils used for sacramental anointing in parishes across the Diocese.
Join via live stream on the Diocesan YouTube Channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LLnE1PGPgM.
- September 29-The Virginia Catholic Conference now has published Bishop Knestout’s and Bishop Burbidge’ joint letter to the faithful on the upcoming election, as well as the side-by-side comparison of the presidential candidates.
- September 20 is Catechetical Sunday. Read a letter from the Bishop in support of Religious Education-English Spanish
- Wednesday, September 9- St. Anthony invites everyone to attend Mass in person or virtually as we join people from across our land in prayer and fasting for racial equality. Wednesday, September 9, is also the memorial of St. Peter Claver. The Bishop encourages everyone to support this day of prayer and fasting-click here
- August 4 – Bishop’s Assumption Novena 2020 (English & Spanish) for health care workers and those affected by the virus-click here
- July 9 – Bishop Burbidge’s letter on the importance of the 2020 Census-English and Spanish
- June 19 – Bishop Burbidge statements on recent Supreme Court Decisions on:
- June 11 – Bishop Burbidge Pastoral Letter on Coronavirus-click here
- Returning to Public Masses: News from our Parish and the Diocese
- May 25–Diocesan Guidelines for the return of public Masses-click here
- News & Impacts Due to the Coronavirus
- Dispensation from Mass per Bishop Burbidge-Click to read in English & español